Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
The renowned physiotherapy, sports medicine and occupational therapy department (7200 sq. ft), is one of the largest in India. It works in co-ordination with the rehabilitation and convalescent centre, and provides a major thrust in treating:
- Orthopaedic injuries.
- Arthritic patients.
- Joint replacement surgery.
- Sports injuries.
- Neuro rehabilitation.
- Neurological disorders.
Post-operative physiotherapy treatment for polytrauma includes:
- Convalescence after surgery
- Occupational therapy.
An active home care physiotherapy department visits patients who are unable to come for outpatient physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy for orthopaedics.
- Neuro problems.
- Paralytic strokes.
- Physiotherapy for older patients for walking/gait training for hip, knee, leg surgery and other injuries.
- Physiotherapy in all modalities is rendered.
The sports medicine institute is one of the best in the country, specializing in:
- Sports Injuries.
- Sports Medicine.
- Exercise Physiology.
- Rehabilitation and Nutrition.
- Arthroscopy for knee, shoulder, ligament, cartilage (meniscus) and patella (kneecap) problems.
HOSMAT Sports Medicine Center conducts a 1 Year Fellowship in Sports Medicine. The center has gained recognition and is on the exclusive panel of Karnataka State Cricket Association, Karnataka State Football Association, Karnataka State Hockey Association, Bangalore Turf Club, Karnataka State Golf Association, Karnataka Olympic Association, Sports Authority of India etc... One of the exclusive facilities available at HOSMAT is a unique computerized isokinetic device called CYBEX that measures the strength and power of muscles of a sports person, apart from CYBEX there are many other isokinetic devices for each joint